Sunday 16 September 2007

Sunday is a Day of Rest!!

What rest! I have spent the day trying to sort out my tax for the accountant to look at before I send the forms in. I swear they get more complicated each year!

Then I updated the news for our Short Mat Bowls Club. Several of us had entered a singles competition at the weekend and we all had a very busy time with all the other local bowlers.

We also spent time looking for some good places to stay when we go shortly to Dorset, Devon and Cornwall for a couple of weeks in the van. We hope to use our GPS 'Bessie' - she always takes us down an unexpected road to our destination and so far we haven't finished up in any unexpected place, or stuck down a narrow lane.

Tomorrow I have an early morning swim and then on to a computer class for tracing my family tree. So far I haven't got as far as I hoped. I keep coming up against a brick wall and haven't got further than the early 1800s for any family branch. I now plan just to stick to one name and follow it on and on as far as possibly. One lady in our class has managed to get over 200 names to her tree, but I have only got about 60/70 in mine. Obviously a case of 'must try harder'.

Going back to swimming, which I should do at least three times a week, our local council now allow all pensioners/senior citizens to attend council swimming pools for free, so that it great. I love swimming, don't do it enough and it is very good for me.

Other half has just brought in a glass of wine and called that supper is in five minutes, so cheers for now.

No comments: