Friday 19 November 2010

Aspire Channel Swim Update !

My charity 'Channel Swim' for Aspire is now bowling (or rather going swimmingly) along at a cracking pace.
~
I have swum 264 lengths of my local 25m pool this week. That's 4.1 miles and my total swim to date is 16.3 miles, so only 5.7 miles to go and as there are just two weeks to the conclusion of the swim on 5 December it looks as though I am on target to finish it in time.
~
I have already had my 15 minutes of fame by placing some copy in a local paper, The Tenby Observer, and being recognised from my photograph and had offers of sponsorship.
~
My main reason for doing this swim is to raise money by sponsorship, and your donations at Just Giving are so important to help all those who are suffering from spinal cord injuries.
~
If you log on to the Aspire web site - above - you will find out all you need to know about their charity. I hope you can help.
~
Ann x

2 comments:

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Well done you, you're doing marvellously.

BadPenny said...

Well done & keep going - you're nearly there !
We are in a sailing race tomorrow for Children in need - have to get the teens up early - I predict a lot of groans !