Thursday 6 January 2011

6 Eggs Today!

~
Our girls have given us 6 eggs today. The first time they have all laid on the same day. What a lovely New Year's present for us.
~
We bought them on 30 July 2009 and four of them have been laying since about September. We were just waiting to be sure that the remaining two would ever lay for us. Aren't they wonderful. They have put up with all the recent visciously cold weather (having their own special duvets to keep them warm at night). Only complained slightly and have had two corn treats per day instead of one during the very bad cold. This morning they had some 'spring' greens tied up for them to jump up at and I found they had already laid 3 eggs then. When I took them their afternoon treat just now I found the other 3.
~
Well done girls and thank you very much.
~
Ann x

2 comments:

BadPenny said...

Annie I know how exciting that is - Brilliant ! My mum in law was here over Christmas & she got very excited about the freshly laid eggs !
My girls looked terrible today in the rain -very bedraggled.

Thanks for your sweet comment x

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh do share the duvets? Mine may need some as they have stopped laying eggs!