Wednesday 12 February 2014

What a Day! .....


As you know Tenby is usually tranquil and beautiful ...

When I got there this morning the tide was out and it looked calm ... ish
Then I got round to Town Beach,

It was very rough
The wind was howling
It was difficult to stand up
The sea looked very menacing
~
The town still looked calm
~
I hope you can see this video 
I could hardly stand up
The wind kept battering me about
The noise of the sea and wind was tremendous
Then I met these delightful doggies
waiting faithfully for their mistress
She said they had enjoyed the sand, rain and wind
She was going to take them home for a hose down.
~
I felt totally battered
We have had a very rough day, along with so many others
Having the full force of the South Westerly gales - Up to Force 12
A wind of 108 mph recorded in North Wales
90,000 folk with electricity cut off
We were one of them for about 6 hours.
~
Things have calmed down a lot now
Still sounds a bit blustery and there may be more to come.
Hope you are all well battened down
~
My heart goes out to any of you suffering from flooding
That must be so awful
~
We have only had to light some candles and turn up the gas
~
Love to all and keep warm.
~
Ann x

1 comment:

Kath said...

awful here yesterday, my friend dropped me off andIi could barely open the car door against the wind!